What is my rental week? How is it different than my pay week/billing cycle?
- The Rental Week starts the day and time you pickup your vehicle. This means that it is not on the same Mon-Sun schedule as the Billing Cycle. You must do at least 20 rides each Rental Week to remain eligible for the Express Drive program. You can track your personal Rental Week here. The app will auto-renew you at the same time each week. If you do not complete your 20 rides, or you have unsettled charges, the auto-renewal will not work and you will have to return the car.
- The pay week/billing cycle goes from Monday 5AM- Monday 4:59:59 AM, for every Lyft Driver. This means that every Monday, we will attempt to take your Rental Charges out of your Earnings from the previous week. To see how much you're earning, you can look at your weekly Pay Statements here.
Where am I allowed to drive?
- You may drive a passenger to whatever destination they wish, but keep in mind Lyft rides are capped at $400. As a Driver in the PDX region, you will only be allowed to pickup in the area shown below. At this time, Lyft Drivers approved for the PDX region may also drive in Bend, Corvallis, Medford, and Salem, but keep in mind, rates may be different in each market.
Can I pickup/return/swap at any Hertz location?
- At this time, Lyft only operates out of the 1912 Powell Blvd, Gresham, OR location. All vehicles must be returned to this location or drivers will be charged a fee.
Can I swap out my vehicle?
- Yes, depending on certain conditions. See our swap policy under the section marked "Maintenance, Swaps, and Accidents".
Is Hertz Roadside Assistance complementary?
- Roadside Assistance is complementary in the event that your car stops working through no fault of your own. In the case of a flat tire, accident, or other issue caused by operator error, Hertz Roadside service will charge for the cost of the tow.
What happens to my deposit when I return the car?
- Your deposit will be returned to you within two Wednesdays of returning the vehicle. You can see it itemized on your Driving History
Do I need to purchase insurance on my rental?
If bad weather occurs, may I use chains or cables on my Rental Vehicle?
- Hertz does not allow the use of either of these traction devices on its rental vehicles. Snow Socks for tires are an option for rental vehicles.
What about taxes? Where can I see my information?
- Each January, Lyft will provide you with a 1099. Lyft tracks your gross ride earnings and miles engaged with a passenger. That information is available here.
What do I do if my passenger is alone and under 18?
- It is part of Lyft's Terms of Service that unaccompanied minors cannot take rides. It is still possible that passengers may be unaware of these rules and attempt to provide rides to minors. In the case that your passenger appears to be under 18, politely inform them that you are not able to give them a ride, cancel the ride, and then report the issue to Support. In the Support drop down menu there is an option specifically for this situation.
May I carry pepper spray/mace in my vehicle for self protection?
- No, any weapon goes against Lyft's Terms of Service and if a passenger reports it you can be at risk of deactivation. Lyft's Policy