Waiting for Requests
- Wait in the designated staging area. Only drivers within the designated staging area are added to the queue.
- The queue is first in-first out. The driver who has been waiting within the staging area in driver mode the longest gets the next request. Your physical location within the staging area does not affect your spot in the queue, but if you exit the staging area or log out of driver mode, you will lose your spot.
- If the staging area is full, you must leave the airport. You may not wait for requests anywhere else on airport property or use any other parking lots while in driver mode.
- Passenger cancellations don't affect your place in line. If your passenger cancels on you, head back to the staging area. As long as you're back within 5 minutes, you'll be placed at the front of the queue.
- Driver cancellations and missed requests do affect your place in line. If you are the one to cancel a request, or if you miss a request, you're placed at the back of the queue.
- You can view your place in line in the app. Learn how to view your position in the queue here.
- At the main terminal, pick up passengers from the outer curb at the designated loading zones.
- At the Atlantic Aviation terminal (private planes & jets), pick up passengers from the circle in front of the terminal building.
- Do not wait or circle back at the airport if the passenger is delayed when picking up.
- Drop off passengers curbside at the terminal entrance, at your passenger’s carrier of choice.
- Do not wait at the airport terminal or after drop-off. Instead, proceed to the staging area.